Renault Twizy in USA and Asia like Nissan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferrrrrrrrrr

http://www.nortecastilla.es/v/20110224/economia/nissan-vendera-asia-twizy-20110224.html

Nissan sold in Asia and the U.S. on Twizy is manufactured in Valladolid (Spain)

Japanese vehicle 'made in Valladolid', the small Twizy, the first pure electric car in Europe to industrialize in the Renault factory in Valladolid reach major global markets of the hand of the business alliance with Japan, which will market this quad tandem under its own brand: Nissan.

The president of the Nissan-Renault alliance, Carlos Ghosn, personally informed of this strategic decision to Spanish unionists attended earlier this month in Paris at a meeting of the leader with union officials from all workplaces of the firm the world. Nissan revealed last November that its second power, once it has started selling the tourism Leaf, will be a version of Twizy. Ghosn added more data, this version is manufactured in Valladolid, in the same chain in which Renault will join this year from the first models of the small vehicle powered by a rechargeable battery.

The news was welcomed by the Spanish trade unionists attended the meeting with world leaders of the automotive group. "It means especially good prospects and a chance to increase the planned production of 20,000 units a year, since the capacity of Nissan marketing is very powerful," said union sources confirmed that explained how Ghosn again before they trust factories of the group in Spanish. "He insisted that Spain is the second pillar of Renault after the French and said that Nissan will market the Twizy, but when asked if the same technology would be manufactured in Japan we specified that the Nissan version, such as Renault, will leave the factory Valladolid Assembly ", clarified the trade unionists who understand the confidence of the company in its Spanish factories. "It's just that after what we've done, it's normal", remarked in reference to the competitiveness agreement signed in late 2009.

"Pretty launched"

The same sources Apostille the installation of the assembly line to Twizy "is quite released, but still have to develop." The same explanation is used to predict the future electric models in Spain once the factory next to the road to Madrid start the assembly of these models. "Right now the market has already begun Leaf Nissan model and, as we know, with good acceptance, so it may be that our tandem will also generate interest," they said. The entrance to the affiliate marketing generate expectations given the strength of this signature on Asian and U.S. markets. In fact, in 2010, China was the largest market in the alliance, with more than one million cars sold in the Asian giant and the United States was in second place with more than 908,570 units registered, while France, the first market Europe accounted for a total group sales of 803,336 units, stood behind the markets and Russia, with 699,416 units and in Japan, with 647,864 vehicles registered. The sixth largest market was Germany, with 232,661 cars, ahead of the United Kingdom, where the company enrolled 209,812 units, in Italy, with 201,498, and Brazil, to 196.07.
Hypothesis

The incorporation of the Asian part of the brand strategy of the electric car also offers a trusted plus union representatives in an initiative, said Carlos Ghosn, the group seeking placement in the vanguard of a new technology designed to bring electric mobility at all levels of society. "The most important thing is that Nissan's entry in the marketing of this car can be a real boost in production numbers" pointed out the union representing the Spanish company's workforce.

url

Nissan electric vehicle plans: from Twizy to Infiniti (and beyond)

http://www.greenmotor.co.uk/2011/03/nissan-on-zero-emissions.html

"
Me: You’re responsible for electric vehicles across the Renault-Nissan Alliance, so tell me about the most obvious crossover between the two firms – the Nissan New Mobility Concept. Announced in November last year, it looks exactly like a Renault Twizy with a Nissan badge. What’s the thinking behind that move?

HW: With that car we have been studying various opportunities, with a focus mainly on Japan [where Renault has no presence].

We are talking to local governments about different mobility options for cities. If the market reaction is strong, we may go ahead.

Me: And has the reaction been strong?

HW: It has been very positive. New Mobility Concept is not a catchy name – I have to concede that Twizy is better – but it is illustrative of what we can do with that product. In Japan, people are travelling into the big cities from the countryside every day. But because of the economic situation in Japan, a lot of the gas stations have been going out of business. People prefer to use a mini-bike instead of a car, but a bike is dangerous, especially for old people. We think the NMC has a place there. In the cities, it’s also suited to car sharing, and can go down very narrow lanes.

Me: I ran into Andy Palmer [Nissan’s global product planning chief] just before the Paris motor show in September. He surprised me by saying the Land Glider from the 2009 Tokyo show was still under development and could become a production product. Land Glider is a two-seat tandem EV, as is the NMC. Does the new concept’s arrival mean the Land Glider is dead?

HW: No, the Land Glider is still in process. It will be very different to the Twizy – faster and more upmarket. We are looking at every opportunity.
"

Back