Official Renault Zoe thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferrrrrrrrrr

car_photo_425329_25.jpg

FIRST OPINION
Renault has invested heavily in electric technology, so the ZOE needs to be a sales success. Fortunately, it’s the most desirable EV we’ve driven yet, with bold styling, intelligent interior design and a low entry price. Electric cars are inherently smooth and quiet, so the Zoe will be among the most refined superminis around. But we’ll have to drive a production version before delivering our definitive verdict.

AT A GLANCE
Price: £14,500 (est)
Engine: 60kW electric motor, lithium-ion battery
Transmission: Single-speed auto, front-wheel drive
Power/torque: 79bhp/222Nm
0-62mph/top spd: 8.1secs/84mph
Range/CO2: 100 miles/0g/km
Equipment: 19-inch alloys, climate control, ‘light therapy’ panel, touchscreen, hidden charge point.
On sale: March 2012

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... t_zoe.html

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/renault" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ven/255539

http://www.carenthusiast.com/reviews/ar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... t+car.html

http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/Fir" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ew/255509/

If the numbers are correct, that sucker is fast. 0-62 in 8.1 means 0-60 in about 7.5 seconds.

Very aggressive price too. And I like the looks and standard equipment package.

To me, renting or leasing the battery makes sense and may possibly eliminate the dread that some feel about battery life.

Me likey. Why couldn't the leaf look like that?

edit -- I guess it won't have the interior space of the LEAF, though.

Remember someone said the Leaf looked like a catfish?
This one looks like a chipmunk! Look at the cheeks and buck tooth.
I like it.

Very nice, looks slightly bigger than the Smart Car. At this price, might be a good choice as a third car for me and my wife. ICE minivan for long drives and two EVs (this and LEAF) for daily commutes.

pksd1 said:
TRONZ said:
Sorry. Still stunned by how much I like the ESFlow.

They all look very nice when they are concept, its when they go in production they start to look so generic...this is how Zeo looked when it was a concept:
True - but I don't see much in ESFlow that can't be put into a production sports car.

evnow said:
pksd1 said:
TRONZ said:
Sorry. Still stunned by how much I like the ESFlow.

They all look very nice when they are concept, its when they go in production they start to look so generic...this is how Zeo looked when it was a concept:
True - but I don't see much in ESFlow that can't be put into a production sports car.

That would be nice. I am kind of hoping EV manufacturers start thinking outside the "box" and come up with some radial designs (like Aptera), but now looking back, I think Apera was bit too radical.

garygid said:
Does it have a QC port?

Without that, isn't it just another FENEV?
(Faster, Enlarged-Neighborhood Electric Vehicle)

But, looks nice!

"Charging the ZOE is as fuss-free as driving it – the prominent blue badge in the nose flips open to reveal a plug-in point. It takes up to eight hours to top up from a standard socket, but a higher-voltage fast-charge can give you an additional 37 miles in only 10 minutes, or an 80 per cent capacity in 30 minutes.

Renault also claims it is possible to change the entire battery pack in a mere three minutes. The shape and exact position of the battery pack is still a secret, though, until the finished car arrives next year.

Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/firstdrives/264427/renault_zoe.html#ixzz1Exi2zpkH"

Its a fast swap battery so that will dictate a more squarish shape rather than the Leaf's thin rectangular shape.. but I really hope its similar to the Leaf so that all trunk space is not wasted.

I was thinking that a taller battery pack cavity with the electrical contacts at the top would be easier to weatherproof for battery swaps.

pksd1 said:
They all look very nice when they are concept, its when they go in production they start to look so generic...

and they always use the gull wing doors.. but thats just for car shows.

These are two different markets, the Zoe has a feminine look, the Flow (than name has to go) is more masculine teenager look. I think both cars would sell very well in the US. Its obvious the Zoe is ready.

I think its time for Renault to return to the US, and bring that baby please!

jkyu99 said:
Remember someone said the Leaf looked like a catfish?
This one looks like a chipmunk! Look at the cheeks and buck tooth.
I like it.

get a front license plate and paint it like a pair of buck teeth.. yes I know, bad taste :)

Herm said:
Its a fast swap battery so that will dictate a more squarish shape rather than the Leaf's thin rectangular shape.. but I really hope its similar to the Leaf so that all trunk space is not wasted.

Trunk space:

Leaf 330 dm3 no swap battery, long 4,40 meters
Zoe 292 dm3 swap battery, long 4,10 meters
Fluence 300 dm3 swap battery, long 4,74 meters

Zoe is very optimized.

Back