Honda Urban EV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"...we love the design of this EV, which despite its diminutive dimensions manages to avoid looking toylike."

How much were they paid to write this? That design is ugly and absolutely looks like a toy. I really like the Honda Clarity. This concept car however seems like a huge step in the wrong direction.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Production set for Europe and Japan only. Not North America.
Surprised they’re doing any more BEVs, thought they want fuel cells.

Only Toyota seems really committed to fuel cells.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/11/28/business/fuel-cell-bet-finds-toyota-odd-carmaker-electric-vehicles-surge-along-charging-infrastructure/#.W3JLlhhlCV4

Too bad it's not slated for U.S.. It seems like quite an appealing little car.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEKq8jmckz0[/youtube]

In the video, I can make out that the side mirrors are replaced by cameras and a screen on the dash.

LeftieBiker said:
Shame he doesn't mention the turning radius or the mirrors.
Surely you gest ;)
Wow, 14' turning circle, makes the Leaf(and pretty much all other cars) seem like a bus!
Like the 35.5kWh battery, which they say is good for 124 miles. Also like how they said they feel thats enough(and I agree coming from a 70 mile Leaf I always think how with just a 100 mile range I'd be able to use it for so much more) for the vast majority of people who don't need a 200+ mile range, keeps the price down. Speaking of price, they weren't too sure what it would be but "thought" it would be around 28-30lbs..... ;)
It's RWD so not ideal for snowier climates but some like RWD and it's one of the major things giving it such a small turning circle. Also liked the camera mirrors, nice and big displays right in the corner of the dash close to where the regular mirrors would be, smart! I would NOT like the mirrors to be in the main center display.
Looks like it will have CCS QC up to 100kWh which is nice and it also has an e-pedal option, again nice.
Overall if I were much younger or smaller I'd really be interested, I also thought about the Sole hampsters looking at this vehicle, the background music and color being major contributors to that thought.

Back