DOE: California had highest concentration of plug-in vehicles relative to population in US in 2015: 4.68 PEVs/1,000 peop

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRA

Via GCC: http://www.greencarcongress.com/2016/08/20160802-doepevs.html

In 2015, only five states had more than two plug-in vehicles (PEVs) registered per 1,000 people, according to figures compiled by the US Department of Energy (DOE). . . .

Hawaii had the second highest concentration with 2.94 PEVs per 1,000 people followed by Washington, Georgia, and Oregon with 2.32, 2.20 and 2.04 PEVs per 1,000 people, respectively. . . .
Vermont (1.67), Colorado (1.09) and Washington D.C. (1.01) are the only other ones to reach 1.0. There's a nice map showing the total by state. Since there's around 815 registered vehicles for every 1,000 population in the U.S., we've got a long way to go.

I'm quite surprised the numbers are so low in TX and FL......well and even AZ. Of all those I thought TX would have had higher numbers, at least I've seen a few TX Leafs for sale in my state, CA is no surprise, biggest selection of EVs and more people willing to purchase/lease them.
Wonder why South Carolina has so many EVs :? some type of state incentive?
In my state MN, we really only have the choice of a Leaf or Volt, I was seriously looking at a plug in Prius or Honda Accord plugin but no one would sell one to me back in '14 although I hear the PIP may be coming back and in more states :)

Back