SparkMap for iOS

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zyg0te

I wasnt entirely sure which category this post fits better so feel free to move it if deemed necessary.

Ever since I got my EV I was disappointed by the lack of good find-a-charging-station apps for iOS. So I decided to make my own. The app is called SparkMap and it's 100% open source.. It pulls data from and contributes to openchargemap which is a global register of charging stations. Open source also.

Version 1.2.0 of the app is now available on the App Store and if anyone here decides to give it a try, please let me know what you think as I'd love to improve it further.

Some of the features include:

* Global coverage! Find a charging station near you or anywhere in the world.
* Filtering capabilities. Filter out fast charging only or specific connection types.
* One-tap navigation gets you to the charging station as fast as possible.
* Native, fast and responsive Apple Maps based experience.
* Open source! No ads, no data mining! All network traffic is SSL encrypted.
* Write and read charging station comments and ratings.

Cheers all!

Also, SparkMap is featured in Transifex should anyone feel like translating. :)

LeafMuranoDriver said:
What it makes it better than Plugshare?

It's not necessarily better than Plugshare in all aspects but perhaps in some. It's mostly just an open source alternative. As a firm believer in OSS I feel SparkMap has it's place. SparkMap is being developed in quite a rapid pace and OCM is improving significantly as well. Hence I believe the two makes a pretty exciting combo! Better OCM integration in SparkMap is also coming in the next major update.

However, to answer your question more specifically, at least where i live, PlugShare is missing quite a few charging stations and I feel OCM provides better coverage in my area. Your milage will vary though :) PlugShare is a solid app for sure!

Back