Poll: How can we make the 'Other EVs' section bigger and better?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do we make the Other EV section larger, more user friendly?

• Make a large 'Other Vehicle' section on the Nissan Leaf homepage

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Link the 'Other Electric Cars & Plug-in Hybrids' to a separate page

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Link the 'Other Electric Cars & Plug-in Hybrids' to a separate forum and integrate the logins with t

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Link the 'Other Electric Cars & Plug-in Hybrids' to a separate forum and keep the logins separate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leave it as is

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters

wxxyz

As the electric vehicle market continues to grow, this section becomes more cumbersome.

Currently, there is one specific thread per vehicle, but since all discussions related to that vehicle are in it, there are multiple conversations happening within a thread.

I'd like to expand the area to have sections specific to either each EV, or each automaker, so that if the Model 3 has a 'who is ordering', 'when will you get yours', 'what do you think of the design' and more threads it won't plug up the whole Other EV section.

It's not just a problem on the Nissan Leaf forum, but also on other forums - it's just this is the largest forum so it has the biggest problem.

The biggest question I have is how do we integrate this?
Do we:

- make a large section on the Nissan Leaf homepage with each vehicle manufacturer listed underneath?

- link the 'Other Electric Cars & Plug-in Hybrids' to a page that has a break down of all manufacturers

- link the 'Other Electric Cars & Plug-in Hybrids' to a separate forum for all general EV discussions and integrate the logins with the Nissan Leaf forum

- link the 'Other Electric Cars & Plug-in Hybrids' to a separate forum for all general EV discussions and keep the logins separate but have one-click registration similar to what is on other forums (if you haven't seen it yet, once logged into this forum click to this forum: Chevy Bolt)

- leave it as is

If you have a different great idea, let me know and I'll add it to the poll.
Thanks for your input!

Mike

Ok thanks for voting! (to the few that did). Apparently the 'Other EVs' section isn't as big of a concern as I thought it might be :)

Interesting discussion, as the LEAF continues its slow painful march towards irrelevance, if MNL is to remain viable it needs to evolve. A lot of the threads these days revolve around some form of "what I moved onto after the LEAF".
#wimoatl
(pronounced why-moat-uhl)

LeafMuranoDriver said:
I would say a sub-forum for each manufacturer.
This is my suggestion as well. I would also suggest that we don't restrict the content to vehicles with plugs.

As LTLFTcomposite suggests, the LEAF is on a bit of a downturn right now with other plug-ins getting a lot of news and the LEAF getting long in the tooth, so I would look at options to increase the diversity of conversation here. On many other forums, topics considered "off-topic" are often the most widely used. They are walled off from the rest of the discussion so that if one doesn't care for that section, though, they don't have to see them.

+1 on sub-forums within "Other EVs" sub-forum for most popular EVs.

This way it gets integrated with MNL and the threads on these EVs come in the page I visit most - Active Topics.

Back