Could Nissan have come up with anything MORE ugly?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
History is littered with horrifyingly ugly concept cars that never get built.

Remember this doosey from not too long ago:

http://thenewswheel.com/2016-mitsubishi-outlander-will-debut-at-new-york-international-auto-show/

Are there Japanese Millennials? Other than people just born after 1990? The only reason anybody cares about Millennials here is because of the group's size. I thought Japan was line graph sloping downward left to right.

Horrors.

A lot of this kind of stuff is clearly done to generate "buzz" and little more. I am rapidly being turned into a curmudgeon just dealing with this crap and wants just a few knobs and switches on my cars. Despite a complicated display many cars actually have much worse error displays, and only manage to confuse rather than inform despite all this added technology.

Just yesterday my wife got all concerned because as she was about to shut down the Leaf there was a red triangle warning light that came on as she parked. While there is a perfectly good pixel display on the dash, and a whole color display on the center console, there was no accompanying information to let her know what was up. Even my crappy truck has a dedicated and useful symbol for the problem. I had unhooked my seat belt while she still had the thing powered on, but Nissan has actually downgraded these basic warnings from what you got on much older cars despite greatly improving the screen real estate where they could easily explain the situation.

So I could entirely see this monstrosity being capable of displaying Facebook, Instagram, and all that garbage, but forgetting to include a low oil indicator, or seat belt alert, or even a functioning speedometer. Who needs that crap when you can crowd source it?

TomT said:
And some that do like the Edsel and the Aztek (and in my opinion, the Juke)...

pkulak said:
History is littered with horrifyingly ugly concept cars that never get built.

Don't forget the Toyota Mirai and the upcoming 2016 Prius. But you know the Prius is going to be popular just because it's a Prius, and thanks to "Breaking Bad" even the Aztek is starting to become cool.

Sometimes one man's ugly is another man's cash cow.

aarond12 said:
You are obviously not their target demographic.
Obviously, for some reason, certain boxy cars have a certain niche. This thing has a resemblance to the Honda Element.

There's the Nissan Cube (which sold in Japan WAY before it made it here although it's dead in the US now) and the Scion xB (and its JDM-cousins).

Back