Pedal-assist enclosed Quadricycle

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRA

Found this via a comment on ievs: http://www.jmk-innovation.se/?lang=en

I think this is a great idea, as it solves most of the issues surrounding all weather cycling and balance issues for those who can't ride a bicycle (recumbent or otherwise), and isn't so low that it's invisible to cars (a problem with recumbents in general), without taking up an amount of space almost equal to a car. Be sure to watch the demo video.

Looks nice, I ride to work a lot (just over 2 miles), often in winter and at 10F with a wind it gets pretty darn cold. I wonder how well it does handle cross winds :)

BrockWI said:
Looks nice, I ride to work a lot (just over 2 miles), often in winter and at 10F with a wind it gets pretty darn cold. I wonder how well it does handle cross winds :)
Me too, but I'm amazed at the stability on snow/ice demonstrated in the video. And there's also a video showing it being ridden on a BMX track, not that anyone is likely to do that. You'd still need a wiper and/or defroster for the front window, although with the bottom open maybe not so much defrost, as it would still be cold inside. A good top vent to let your breath out might work, especially with a small exhaust fan. At least you probably wouldn't have to be wearing the shell layer you'd otherwise need for the wind; that alone would be a gain.

Back