Tesla CPO site live!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zythryn

Tesla now has a web site where you can search their certified Preowned vehicles by region.

http://www.teslamotors.com/models/preowned" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We are in the process of trading in our 60kWh. I'm looking forward to seeing what they are asking for it when it pops up.

Very interesting, I believe that this is working progress as only few locations included. Wonder what was Tesla offer on your car?

Not exactly high depreciation... Not exactly plenty of inventory either given I see several a day in West Los Angeles and Santa Monica....

85 kWh Performance Model S 2013 29,766 miles P06213 $64,550

"Every Pre-Owned Model S receives a full inspection, remaining battery and drive warranty and a four year, 50,000 mile limited warranty with 24 hour roadside assistance."

I'll wait and see....

EdmondLeaf said:
Very interesting, I believe that this is working progress as only few locations included. Wonder what was Tesla offer on your car?

I don't believe so, I think that is it.
For example, our service center in Minneapolis is not equipped to process CPOs.
My car, when the sale back to Tesla is complete, is sent to Chicago for the full treatment and inspection.

They may be adding more cars soon, however I don't think they will be adding more CPO locations. Their simply aren't enough for every service center to do this.

What a fun site, thanks for posting it!

The lowest prices currently seem to be in Atlanta and Seattle. Since one can drive the car home from pretty much anywhere, you could pick your deal and enjoy the road trip getting home.

EdmondLeaf said:
JimSouCal said:
Not exactly high depreciation...
Is this depreciation or dealer asking price?

Tesla prices are set. No haggling.

They're pretty fair prices though, TMC noted that the CPO prices are about 6% higher than what was traded in, the warranty starts at the time of purchase (and the HV/traction battery warranty carries over from the original, which is 8 year / infinite mile). It mirrors the private market pretty closely, Teslas have very little depreciation.

Noticed that they aren't adding supercharging to all the 60s.

Red 60 in LA doesn't have it, P26847.

I would have thought that's something they'd add to give CPO a bit of an upsell on non CPO used cars, especially since they just made it standard.

minispeed said:

I would have thought that's something they'd add to give CPO a bit of an upsell on non CPO used cars, especially since they just made it standard.

You can add it any time... even at purchase. But, there may be people who don't want it (to keep price as low as possible).

minispeed said:

Perhaps they have more than enough secondhand S-60 cars to sell, and would rather not increase the price of the vehicle. Used car buyers will pay less of a premium for added options than new car buyers, and some S-60 buyers will not care about Supercharging. On the other hand, if such a buyer changes his/her mind after acquiring the vehicle, then they will be paying full price to Tesla to turn on Supercharging.

Edit: Tony beat me to a response. Yes, agreed.

eloder said:
Teslas have very little depreciation.
If dropping $20K within 7 mo is not much (check recent TMC sale listings), than inflation must be very high. I guess I am minority now, but I still think that EV should save me money. What I want is simple EV that will have a range of about 150 highways miles and efficient. With Tesla it became very important how fast will go from 0 - 60 (insane) as well higher HP/kW, not exactly measure of efficiency. Sure for many to drop $100K for car is not much. I am not into luxury market, just not my thing.

EdmondLeaf said:
eloder said:
If dropping $20K within 7 mo is not much (check recent TMC sale listings), than inflation must be very high. I guess I am minority now, but I still think that EV should save me money. What I want is simple EV that will have a range of about 150 highways miles and efficient. With Tesla it became very important how fast will go from 0 - 60 (insane) as well higher HP/kW, not exactly measure of efficiency. Sure for many to drop $100K for car is not much. I am not into luxury market, just not my thing.

Yes but there are a lot of people out there who would be buying the benz/bmw/caddy/lexus etc... had Tesla not come to market, those people who also care about 0-60 and would be driving those gas cars hard and getting AMG/M/Vtype/F versions of those cars would then be polluting a lot. Cars like the Tesla will save them money in the long run and save all of us from dealing with the pollution.

There are also some people (it's rare) that have to drop big money on cars. If you're in real estate or investments there aren't a lot of people who will trust you with their business if you drive around in an iMiev even if it's practical and very environmentally friendly. In those cases a lot of the time you are also meeting people at places and you can't hide the car you drive.

I am glad it turned out to be a CPO program. I had been driving by the Chicago area lot almost every day. The cars kept accumulating over the last few weeks and I was starting to get worried that these were new cars they were unable to sell.

EdmondLeaf said:
eloder said:
If dropping $20K within 7 mo is not much (check recent TMC sale listings), ..

It is very little depreciation.
As you should already know, EVs depreciate about $10,000 the moment you register the car.
Any car driven off the lot immediately takes another hit. Say 5%? That there is $15,000 the day you drive off the lot with a new P85.

My car lost about $20k after two years and 24,000 miles.
My Leaf will most likely loose about $14,000 over that same time, which is a larger percentage loss than the Tesla.

Zythryn said:
EdmondLeaf said:
eloder said:
If dropping $20K within 7 mo is not much (check recent TMC sale listings), ..

It is very little depreciation.
As you should already know, EVs depreciate about $10,000 the moment you register the car.
Any car driven off the lot immediately takes another hit. Say 5%? That there is $15,000 the day you drive off the lot with a new P85.

My car lost about $20k after two years and 24,000 miles.
My Leaf will most likely loose about $14,000 over that same time, which is a larger percentage loss than the Tesla.

The other thing I noticed is Tesla is selling them way cheaper than any of the auto trader ads. The cheapest I found in a US wide search I think had been $60K even. Atlanta had the cheapest CPO at $52 or $55. Up here in Canada the cheapest used on Auto trader is north of $80 and they have some used in the low $70s at the Tesla site.

My LEAF with 26,000 miles on it is down over 60%. That's depreciation (and why there are so many happy used LEAF buyers here at MNL).

If Teslas dropped in value like LEAFs I could afford to buy one!

dgpcolorado said:
My LEAF with 26,000 miles on it is down over 60%. That's depreciation (and why there are so many happy used LEAF buyers here at MNL).

Then I'm sure there would be less happy used leaf buyers here at MNL as many others would buy a Tesla too!

I know if used prices were at $50k last year when I bought I probably would have waited 2 more years with the insight instead of going with a new leaf.

If they had continued the 40 I would have waited too as that car would have been exactly what I needed.

minispeed said:
The other thing I noticed is Tesla is selling them way cheaper than any of the auto trader ads. The cheapest I found in a US wide search I think had been $60K even. Atlanta had the cheapest CPO at $52 or $55. Up here in Canada the cheapest used on Auto trader is north of $80 and they have some used in the low $70s at the Tesla site.
The other benefit is that you get a fresh 4-year 50k mile warranty on it, which is worth a significant amount by itself.

dgpcolorado said:

I thought Colorado gave rebates on used BEVs?

If you can't afford to buy a used S today today, just wait a few more months:

2013 Tesla Model S MODEL S
TESLA MODEL S 2013, 60KW, FULLY LOADED, MINT CONDITION! 41500 MILES

Winning bid:

US $47,700.00...

VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): 5YJSA1CG3DFP04852 Year: 2013
Number of Cylinders: 60 KWH Make: Tesla
Warranty: Vehicle has an existing 8-year warranty Model:
Model S

Vehicle Title: Clear Trim: 4-door Sedan
Options: Sunroof, Leather Seats...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tesla-Model-S-MODEL-S-/171764251331?forcerrptr=true&hash=item27fdf27ac3&item=171764251331" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fact is, S's have depreciated quite rapidly, and are currently selling on the open market for prices considerably below what Tesla is asking at their CPO site.

But I wouldn't suggest buying any Tesla as a value proposition.

Total cost of ownership for a used S purchased today will probably still be very high, as there is still a lot of room between present value (~50k$) and future value (~Zero$) to be accounted for by depreciation, and future maintenance and repair costs should be expected to be quite high as well.

minispeed said:

I wonder if that is incorrect or this is?

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/46331-CPO-60kWh-Supercharging-standard-even-if-used-car-wasn-t-already-enabled" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

also from the TMC discussion at http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/46402-Tesla-Model-S-CPO-Website-Now-Live" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I though I saw someone say all the cars got Tech Package/Autopilot and supercharging turned on during the CPO process.

Back