Supertruck!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LTLFTcomposite

From your friends at Fox news:

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/03/26/freightliner-supertruck-hauls-goods-sips-fuel/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Its loaded 65,000-pound semi returned 12.2 mpg during a real world highway test, 115 percent better than the average truck on the road today.

The SuperTruck would save a typical long haul trucker around 10,000 gallons of fuel per year, which translates to over $28,000 at today’s prices, but it’s only a concept, and not destined for production as it is. However, Freightliner has already been integrating several of its features, like the smart transmission and some of the aerodynamic tweaks, into its latest products.

Too bad full wheel covers get in the way of the lug nut torque indicators that are on for safety. I'm not sure if they are law, insurance or industry driven but there were a lot of flying truck tires around here a few years back and then suddenly I started seeing them on all the trucks and haven't heard of one in a long time.

In case anyone doesn't know what they are:
cta-1.jpg

Back