Ford To Unveil 200-Mile EV Later This Year

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evnow

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/1503-ford-will-unveil-chevrolet-bolt-competitor-this-year/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ford will unveil a 200-plus-mile capable electric vehicle designed to compete with the Chevrolet Bolt later this year, AUTOMOBILE has learned. Scant details are available, and it is unclear whether Ford will bring a long-range full electric to market by 2017, the year General Motors plans to launch the Chevy Bolt. But the Ford competitor serves as reassurance that the age-old rivalry between the two mainstream American brands goes beyond pony cars and pickup trucks, and extends to green cars.

Should I expect Ford to do a lot of PR around this - but not actually try to sell it (like FFE) ?

The announcement seems a little "me, too". Are they even doing this development in-house?

That being said, I like the FFE - I think it is the best looking of the 1st gen BEVs.

J.

Everyone is getting in the act, mostly as a hedge. None of these auto company execs want to be held up as examples in Nokiaesque case studies in management schools.

Valdemar said:
Ford Focus without trunk and rear seats? Thank you, I'll pass.

I saw it at a think tank meeting, the car has a new roof rack with batteries to free up interior space. :roll:

Back