Using a Nissan Leaf as a Kit Car

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brickmaster

Everyone knows the Nissan Leaf is a great option for a electric car. I love my 2015 S. The biggest issue we have with it is fighting over who gets to drive.

We all can agree the used Leaf market is very soft and I think it will continue down that path as technology improves. When I saw one of our members sell his Leaf on Ebay for $8000 dollars or so this got me thinking. Here we have a great car that is super reliable and is very quick compared to other vehicles especially around town. So why don't someone design a Kit car that uses all the parts from a Leaf donor car. I ran across this video which shows how easy the parts go together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McvDjpdcBw0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can you imagine this drivetrain in a mid engine two seater. Or maybe a small truck. Front wheel drive Cobra??? Who knows. This would be perfect for the garage mechanic.

I agree with the idea, although I think at least as many people would just modify the existing body, to produce things like the Leaf Pickup that Nissan engineers cobbled up to use at a test facility. A Leaf Sportwagon would also be great. I wonder how well the powertrain would serve for conversions, as well. I'd love to see a VolvoLeaf P1800ES...

Back