Idea for some data gathering.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adric22

One thing I've been very curious about is how well certain cars are selling in certain areas. The sales breakdown for this sort of thing is probably very difficult to get hold of. One idea I had was for several of us in different cities to go out and sit for an hour somewhere by a busy street and just count the number of different models we see over an hour.

Just from anecdotal evidence, it seems that I see more Ford Energi cars in my area than any other type of EV. I'd say followed closely by the Leaf, then Volt. Of course, I realize that some cars have been on the market longer than others so this would be more of a look at cumulative sales and not so much current sales trends.

Anyone else want to take part in such an experiment?

Not scientific, but in Atlanta, Leafs are far and away the most prevalent EV. It's mostly due to the fact that the state tax credit is targeted for EV only vehicles. And it's really hard to find any other EV-only vehicles for sale here. When I was looking at dealer inventory, I could only find one iMiev, a handful of Focus EV, and no Spark EV or Fit EV in the nearby area.

I think Leaf is Nissan's highest selling model in Atlanta some months.

Back