Possible Subaru Electric car

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minispeed

Saw this on Motortrend today, at first I was just interested in reading about the WRX hatch but then....

"UPDATE: Someone in the know pointed out to us that not only is this mule missing the WRX's exhaust setup, it has no visible tailpipes whatsoever. This could mean this is actually a prototype for an electric variant of some kind, not a WRX.

Another indicator that this is indeed a Subaru WRX hatch prototype is that the testers were careful not to expose the engine when the hood was open, according to the shooter."

Faux hood scoop
subaru-wrx-hatchback-prototype-front-three-quarter-view

No tail pipe, definetly looks like it's got AWD
subaru-wrx-hatchback-prototype-front-three-quarter-view

http://wot.motortrend.com/1409_spied_subaru_wrx_hatchback_lives_on_after_all.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Subaru was testing an electric car in 2007:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_R1e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I doubt Subaru has the funds to develop an EV. I think I see an exhaust pipe under the car.

The hybrid they have is weak. I would like to see them build a full blown EV , but its unlikely

are they one of the mfrs under the requirement for Zev's soon?

GeekEV said:
Wait. Tesla is exempt from making the very thing they make? ;)
You're only "required" to make them to offset ICE vehicle sales, and then only if you sell enough ICE vehicles to make the law apply to you, but they still get credits for making them which they have no need for so they can sell the credits to companies that do need them. That's a big art of their profit now.

I expect Subaru to introduce a PHEV not a BEV when they have to meet the requirements as an IVM. It makes far more sense at this time, given their customer demographic and limited R&D compared to the LVMs.

Back