Renovo Motors Shelby EV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graffi

Saw this on Yahoo this morning.

https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/new-electric-american-supercar-with-classic-style-aims-for-a-quicker-charge-145955607.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think I would still take 12 or 13 Leafs over this one.

Only 100 miles and a kit car but with a weight close to the LEAf, not so great. The comment about shifting the pack weight makes no sense at all since it is not a swap. Sounds like another "me too" conversion that has a stupid price only a fool would pay.

Better to buy a Tesla and Shelby kit car, put the Tesla drive and pack in and have enough to buy a vacation home left over. What a joke. :lol:

Renovo says it's tackled both challenges by using a modular series of lithium-ion batteries that allows it to shift their weight around the car for maximum performance.

I think this is a marketing line for "we split up the small pack to make it fit and tried to put the modules where it made sense in a conversion"

I'd say it's good odds that it's a factory five body, you can get a full kit for $21k a base kit as low as $16k. It uses fox body mustang parts so you have probably one of the top ten best go fast parts availablity.

Even if it's the more expensive superformance based car I think those are around the $130k mark

You'd be stupid to pay that much. For $100k you could easily get a good custom electrical set up. You could probably easily pay someone $20k to put in a tesla roadster drivetrain, or even a model S and still be no where close to $500k.

Even factory five has asked the questions on their web site if customers would be interested in an electric kit car. Since I they base their business on using as many donor parts from a good quality used vehicle you can get for under $10,000 I wouldn't be surprised if a leaf based kit shows up with them in the next few years.

Back