LG Chem To Supply 200 Mile Battery In 2016; But To Whom?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evnow

http://insideevs.com/lg-chem-supply-200-mile-battery-2016/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some US OEM to make a BEV with that "200 mile" battery ? Looks like GM ...

So, we'll have 3 OEMs making "affordable" "200 mile" EVs by 2017.

117.jpg

My money is on Nissan/Renault. GM (Cadillac specifically) is my next guess.

Ford is out, they have no interest.
Kia just entered the game.
Everyone else is after fool sell credits.

Sounds promising that any company is looking to buy such a battery. Then again, I didn't see any pricing or anything to indicate affordability....

gbarry42 said:
What is a 200 mile battery? What breakthrough in cell chemistry have I missed?
Just NMC - unfortunately for the popular press they talk about "miles of range" instead of $/kWh or Density improvements or even just a kWh value of the battery they will make for the OEM.

evnow said:
Just NMC - unfortunately for the popular press they talk about "miles of range" instead of $/kWh or Density improvements or even just a kWh value of the battery they will make for the OEM.
Indeed. I find that somewhat irritating. Sort of like advertising an engine that gets 50 mpg. That is meaningless without knowing what kind of car it will be used in.

Last week I took part in a survey that assumed that several manufacturers will be producing BEVs with 150-200 mile range, and PHEVs with 25 - 50 mile EV range. They didn't treat them as hypotheticals.

Back