Toyota and Honda to abandon hydrogen fuel cell plans

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher

In a shocking and abrupt reversal of course, the two Japanese auto giants that had previously thrown their lot in with a hydrogen future have announced a joint venture to pursue battery electric vehicle technology that is “far more likely to succeed.”

A Honda official who wished to remain anonymous stated, “Look, as always we’re a decade or two away from truly viable fuel cell vehicles, and that’s the best-case scenario. We need to take action against climate change now, and this fuel cell thing has mainly just been a marketing charade. Battery electrics are here today and if we don’t get into the game as soon as possible we will be left behind.”

A Toyota executive echoed those sentiments, adding “To be honest, I don’t know how we made it this far without recognizing our folly."
http://www.torquenews.com/2250/honda-toyota-abandon-hydrogen-fuel-cell-plans

Yeah, April Fool's... but here's hoping that some of their execs see this and get another little nudge towards coming to their senses. Yeah, I know, that won't happen until they see their sales clobbered.

Back