GM Backstabs Tesla Motors in Ohio...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dm33

Noticed this story,
http://transportevolved.com/2014/03/13/gm-backstabs-tesla-motors-in-ohio-as-nj-legislators-try-to-kill-anti-tesla-rules/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
According to Bloomberg (via Transport Evolved regular and EV advocate Chelsea Sexton), GM sent official written testimony to the Ohio State Senate Committee currently considering Senate Bill 260, opposing outright the granting of any new dealer licenses to Tesla.
“Tesla is an automobile manufacturer, they compete with our vehicles in the market,” the Detroit giant said. “They should compete under the same laws we do.”

In a twisted way it is good news. It means GM is serious about EV competition with Tesla. It is dirty to be sure, but you get the point.

ILETRIC said:
In a twisted way it is good news. It means GM is serious about EV competition with Tesla. It is dirty to be sure, but you get the point.

I doubt that. They want to stop Tesla so they don't have to compete with them in the EV market.

palmermd said:
ILETRIC said:

I doubt that. They want to stop Tesla so they don't have to compete with them in the EV market.

They also don't want other manufacturers coming in and emulating Tesla's direct sales method, regardless of product.

Doesn't Tesla already licence with MB? Why don't they just use that dealer network in the states that are entrenched with corruption.

Let GM & OH pound sand. Frankenplug for Nissan, dealer associations for Tesla. The cronyism will never stop.
Having a dealer network is overrated. People will seek out a superior product so focus on what counts.

Next up: Buying cars on Amazon, shrooming at dealerships... :lol:

Oh, and yeah -- delivered to your driveway by 10 of those little choppers.

Back