Win a Tesla

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palmermd

Extreme Networks is updating their logo and your vote could help choose it, and if enough voters join in they'll be giving away a Tesla.

http://www.voteextreme.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't expect that they will get enough votes, but heck I've voted and right now its a 1:17,500 chance of winning $17,500. I like those odds. If I buy Tesla stock (TSLA) with the money and keep it until Model E comes out, I'll probably have enough to buy one...so it is winning a Tesla.

some folks are excluded ... All legal residents of the United States are eligible (excluding the states of New York, Florida and Rhode Island), Canada (excluding the province of Quebec)

I'm not confused. You help this company choose a new logo and they put your vote into a drawing for 100k or a Tesla.

They got my name, address, company name and phone number. All that info accessible by the public.

LeftieBiker said:
Maybe I'm not the only one confused about who is and isn't excluded, and what the heck the Extreme network is...

As noted in the original post New York, Rhode Island and Florida are excluded from this voting. Not sure why since two of them are large population centers...I guess that includes left handed bicycle riders. Sorry your not eligible. And I have no idea what extreme networks does, but they are kind enough to let us choose from four awkward designs for the chance to win some cash (or a Tesla if they get 100k votes which seems very unlikely).

One of them reminded me of the millennium films studio logo but of course an E and not an M ... these guys compete with Cisco and Juniper and others (once again, if you're not familiar with those names either -- equipment used in computer networks) ... have not seen many contests to win a Tesla so thanks for sharing!

id-01.png

palmermd said:
not many takers on this offer I guess.

No thanks. I don't need more junk e-mail. After two layers deep into their "privacy policy" I realized I'd already spent way too much of my time on an ephemeral chance at a "free Tesla". Indeed, why would a company really want to spend that kind of money for something like this?

LeftieBiker said:
Maybe I'm not the only one confused about who is and isn't excluded, and what the heck the Extreme network is...

Extreme Networks is a Network Hardware Company, like Cisco, only smaller.
I suspect they are looking to get a two fold bang for their $100K contest. One they get spread around social media (where they believe much of their target audience lives) and two some new brand recognition (I mean who has not heard of Cisco even if they are not in IT right).
Looks like they are planning some adverts around Superbowl Sunday, of which $100K is a drop in the perverbial bucket for this.

As an IT guy I have dealt with their equipment before. Not bad and better price point then Cisco gear.

Back