BMW X5 eDrive PHEV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redLEAF

19 miles on a charge ?? make it at least 30 and we might have something ... starting to see a few more of these types of vehicles and hopefully the right combo of utility, pure electric range and of course cost will make it to the market soon enough ...

"The BMW X5 eDrive plug-in hybrid concept utilized a turbocharged four-cylinder engine (likely BMW’s 2.0-liter) paired with a 70-hp electric motor. Under the floor was a lithium-ion battery capable of providing 19 miles of range at up to 75 mph without using the combustion engine, while together the all-wheel-drive BMW X5 eDrive concept yielded 62 mpg and could sprint from zero to 62 mph in 7.0 seconds. A standard wall outlet or quick-charger can be used to recharge the plug-hybrid SUV."

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/1312-bmw-x5-edrive-plug-in-hybrid-spied/photo_00.html

bmw-concept-x5-edrive-plug-in-hybrid_100437469_l.jpg

2014-BMW-X5-Concept-eDrive-plug-in-hybrid-1024x767.jpg

redLEAF said:
Under the floor was a lithium-ion battery capable of providing 19 miles of range at up to 75 mph without using the combustion engine,

This particular quote is interesting. I suspect they mean up to 19 miles of range and up to 74 mph. The way it is worded, however, suggests that you could drive 75 mph and get 19 miles of range at that speed. To be honest, 19 miles of range at 75mph is not bad for a PHEV.

Back