Poll:If you can reserve Gen 3 Tesla for $5k now, would you ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you can reserve Gen 3 Tesla for $5k now, would you ?

• Yes

Votes: 55 49.1%
  • No

Votes: 29 25.9%
  • May Be

Votes: 28 25.0%

• Total voters

evnow

Let us assume Tesla opens reservations for the Gen 3 / Model E Tesla.
- Available in 2016/17
- $35k
- 200 miles EPA range
- $5k refundable reservation fee

Would you reserve one today ?

If you said non-refundable you would get a better idea of real interest. This is to easy to say yes to.

The gen 3 is my idea of the perfect car. The Model S is too big and has more range than I need.
The Gen 3 should be more efficient as well. Probably not as efficient as the Leaf, but a lot better than the S.

LEAF battery has lost more than 12% in less than 2 years.

Yes I would jump at the chance to buy Tesla E for 35k.

EVDRIVER said:
If you said non-refundable you would get a better idea of real interest. This is to easy to say yes to.
Well, there is still some risk. But, when Tesla starts taking deposits, they will be refundable.

I would like to park the $5k in Tesla stock. Oh wait, I bought 300 shares at $28. i can pay it with less than 200 shares. Bring it on!

I believe that vehicle deposits are required to be refundable by law...

evnow said:
EVDRIVER said:
Well, there is still some risk. But, when Tesla starts taking deposits, they will be refundable.

you couldnt park or drive the model s in my neighborhood. it would stick out like a bride in a subway.
so, yea, i would like to step up to the tesla magic.

evnow said:
DanCar said:
evnow said:
- 200 miles EPA range
That will be 200 Tesla miles.
Nope. See what Musk has said - besides, Tesla has completely stopped using "tesla miles" and uses EPA miles for S everywhere.
Nope, see what Musk has said: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-23/tesla-pays-back-u-s-early-as-musk-aims-for-affordability.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; According to this article it is unspecified miles and therefore best to assume Tesla miles, although recently that maybe close to EPA miles. The price of $35K is also optimistic, $40K is more realistic, according to the article.

I rather see the car first. Read the reviews, test drive it, all those things before I shell out 5 grand.

I just got my Leaf, will be 6 months on the 20th and I LOVE it. I'm not ready to jump ship so quickly.

The Tesla E might be their Lemon.

Back