Jaguar I-PACE BESUV available 2018

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sat in one demo vehicle for 20 minutes. I was extremely unsatisfied with center screen GUI and processor
behind it. Lag lag lag. And bad font and bad text size.
Panel gaps and overall body build was excellent. Though there are parts that are excessively cheap.
Like sunvisors.
And again, missing panorama roof cover is a no-go for many nordic customers. Same story with Teslas.
In automobile world, missing glass roof cover is very rare.

So overall a good vehicle with insufficient attention to the detail. Not worth 80 000€.

Via IEVS:
Jaguar I-Pace Range Just 234 Miles, MPGe Figures Disappoint
https://insideevs.com/jaguar-i-pace-range-just-234-miles/

. . . The numbers are not officially official just yet, but Jaguar has provided EPA-estimated figures now.

According to the automaker, the 90-kWh battery in the Jaguar I-Pace offers up just 234 miles of electric range. That’s less than the base Tesla Model X. Lower than the Hyundai Kona Electric and even below the range rating of the Chevy Bolt. All three of those vehicles have smaller capacity battery packs.

Why the low result from such a big battery? It all boils down to efficiency and that’s where the I-Pace falters.

The MPGe numbers for the I-Pace are as follows:

• 80 MPGe City
    72 MPGe Highway
    76 MPGe Combined

Those figures are downright awful for a modern-day electric car. Compared to the Tesla Model X 75D with a 75-kWh battery pack, which gets 91 MPGe city, 95 MPGe highway and 93 MPGe combined, the I-Pace clearly suffers inefficiency issues. But hey, we laid this all out back in August, so truly we aren’t surprised. . . .

Via IEVS:
Jaguar I-PACE Named Germany’s Car of the Year
https://insideevs.com/jaguar-i-pace-germany-car-of-year/

Jaguar I-PACE won the 2019 German Car of the Year Award against 58 competitors!

We are a little surprised as one would expect that the Audi e-tron would be the favorite in Germany, which only increases the value of the victory for Jaguar.

Additionally, I-PACE was shortlisted for Women’s World Car of the Year Award (the winner will be announced on 12 November. . . .)

palmermd said:
real world range tests are not showing promising results. I'd be curious to see if there is something wrong with the cars that were used. 65% of the rated distance is not good, in fact it is downright bad. My guess is that there is something wrong with the test vehicle or the the way it was performed. It is something to watch for.

http://autobest.org/first-european-independent-ev-real-range-test-press-release/
https://youtu.be/6o-ohbm2ya8

Range and efficiency still not good for this car. But as Nikki notes, I doubt the buyers care much.

I will assure you it is a fantastic vehicle. Have almost 1,000 miles on mine. Excellent finish, beautiful interior, tons of power, solid suspension.
I had seen two in the wild but none more since I acquired mine.

Spotted another one a few days ago, and this one was parked charging so I had a good look around. Looks wise, I think of it as a Mazda 3 hatchback enlarged by say 1.5x (but a shorter nose proportionally); it doesn't look like a CUV, just the world's biggest hatchback. Definitely liked its looks (dark gray, similar to Tesla's Midnight Silver metallic color but maybe a shade lighter). Inefficiency/lack of range is my biggest spec gripe, not that I'd ever buy a car costing that much.

I just stopped by the Jaguar dealer to look--I really like the I-Pace. I don't agree that the Leaf has more cargo room, but they may be about the same. I like the glass roof, the driver seat, and instrument panel location. EPA efficiency ratings are a bit low on the window sticker, but who cares.

OrientExpress said:
I had a preproduction one for a week back in September and really enjoyed it. Surprisingly the LEAF had more cargo space.

Yeah, I did not get that right.

The Jag is 23/51 and the LEAF is 23/50 Seats up-Seats down. But the LEAF may really be 23/53 If the extra space with the seats down is really 30 cu.ft. (as noted in the trade press) rather than my measured 27 cu.ft.

smkettner said:
I will assure you it is a fantastic vehicle. Have almost 1,000 miles on mine. Excellent finish, beautiful interior, tons of power, solid suspension.
I had seen two in the wild but none more since I acquired mine.
Our I-Pace is due to be deliver in September. How's your kitty holding up? ;)

Almost 9,000 miles and no real issues to go back to the dealer. OK there is a brake recall that seems very minor.
Some complaints about the infotainment system etc. OTA updates are not really fully functioning yet.

Drives excellent. Still love the car.

GCR:
Jaguar targets Tesla owners with I-Pace discounts
https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1124547_jaguar-targets-tesla-owners-with-i-pace-discounts

$3k conquest incentive on top of $5k dealer discount plus $7k Allowance credit (latter not on leases, only applies to in-stock cars, and can't be combined with the zero-% financing offer). Per ABG, you only need to live in a Tesla-owning household rather than being the registered owner yourself, and you don't have to trade the Tesla in but can keep it. Expires Sep. 30th, 2019.

smkettner said:
Almost 9,000 miles and no real issues to go back to the dealer. OK there is a brake recall that seems very minor.
Some complaints about the infotainment system etc. OTA updates are not really fully functioning yet.

Drives excellent. Still love the car.

Picked our 2020 I-Pace HSE up on Monday. Still getting her set up, but so far so good. It's my wife's car and she loves it :)

Given the terrible efficiency numbers, I'd guess not.

Smkettner slipped in ahead. The link just goes to the forum topic list. So there is a heat pump, huh? There is apparently no charge limiter, though, oddly enough.

LeftieBiker said:
Given the terrible efficiency numbers, I'd guess not.

Smkettner slipped in ahead. The link just goes to the forum topic list. So there is a heat pump, huh? There is apparently no charge limiter, though, oddly enough.

Hey Leftie. What does a charge limiter do.

I was reading about the inefficiency a bit. What is the cause of that. Aerodynamics?

I like the cargo area.

A charge limiter is another way of describing a second or adjustable SOC% at which charging ends, like the old Leaf 80% limit. The I-Pace apparently lacks even that.

Back