where are leaf service manuals?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ka1rdr

Where do I find the service manual for a 2021 Nissan Leaf?
There was a Nissan service manual web site but the latest years were missing

Available Service manuals for NISSAN LEAF ZE1, price $29 USD
For 2018
For 2019
For 2020
For 2021
For 2022
For 2023
For 2024

image.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Every 15,000 miles, you'll be due for a few more services such as the brake pad inspection and microfilter replacement, and so on.

Not sure if that's just a rhetoric question or not, but last time I checked for my 2018, it was 100$+ for a month subscription, and the manuals were not downloadable.
Same here... no downloads and stupidly expensive subscription.

Right-to-repair laws vary, but they are gaining traction in the USA and other countries. https://www.ifixit.com/News/90045/what-to-expect-from-right-to-repair-in-2024

Some of those laws include requiring manufacturers to provide documentation for free.

Maybe after California's bill comes into effect in July, Nissan will open the repair documentation to all. (wishful thinking)

Until then, I don't have a big problem with sites that offer what the manufacturer should make available at a reasonable price.

Not sure if that's just a rhetoric question or not, but last time I checked for my 2018, it was 100$+ for a month subscription, and the manuals were not downloadable.
It wasn't rhetorical. An one-day subscription is $25. I dunno if what if anything has changed and downloading the PDFs is no longer possible, but that's what I did about 4 years ago: paid $25 and downloaded the PDFs. I don't remember if the downloading was readily doable and if it required a bit of web know-how.

In any case, if one can view the PDF manual in a browser, one can download it.

In any case, if one can view the PDF manual in a browser, one can download it.

In a perfect world maybe, but the site uses heavy obfuscation. For example the PDF names are built up out of components of arrays embedded within the javascript source-code by the browser. It's not easy for the average user to obtain a list of URLs of PDFs from the source code. I consider myself fairly resourceful and somewhat skilled and it still took me a number of hours to extract just the subset of documents that I was interested in.

There has recently been another source on these forums advertising the manuals for around $30 as a once-off download - I'd recommend searching for those posts and exploring that option instead.

I don't know where it was; don't know if it was legit or not, but about a year ago I was able to download full 2012 manuals for free. You might look around.

I don't know where it was; don't know if it was legit or not, but about a year ago I was able to download full 2012 manuals for free. You might look around.

2011 through 2015 model manuals are readily available (for free) here:

https://www.nicoclub.com/nissan-service-manuals

It's the ZE1 model (model year 2018+) that are more difficult to locate and currently only available via paid subscriptions or peer to peer sharing.

Back