SD Card Slot - Audio Files?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CWO4Mann said:
Thanks for the comeback answer ... However, I did exactly what you recommended and with a new OTB card which I tried without formatting (it is supposed to be already formatted as a FAT partition). No go. System did not recognize it. So, I went ahead with the lap top ain the car and did a format as FAT, MTFS, EXT3, EXT4, MAC, LSMFT and every other format I have on my Linux box. Then tried each one in turn. Nada. OK, I am not waiting for delivery of a Micro SD Card adaptor which is a USB on one end and a modified SDHC card on the other end. Plug it in and go to command line and root around. Will report back with the results of that. Meanwhile, I am looking at pulling the whole unit and cloning a bunch of stuff and also finding a way to use that second video input connector so I can use it to control the graphic interface on my Ham Radio Rig.

Dave
Just checking... did you get an SD card or an SDHC card? SDHC is a newer standard for larger cards and many older readers won't read them.

Make sure you have a plain SD card.

DoxyLover said:
CWO4Mann said:
Thanks for the comeback answer ... However, I did exactly what you recommended and with a new OTB card which I tried without formatting (it is supposed to be already formatted as a FAT partition). No go. System did not recognize it. So, I went ahead with the lap top ain the car and did a format as FAT, MTFS, EXT3, EXT4, MAC, LSMFT and every other format I have on my Linux box. Then tried each one in turn. Nada. OK, I am not waiting for delivery of a Micro SD Card adaptor which is a USB on one end and a modified SDHC card on the other end. Plug it in and go to command line and root around. Will report back with the results of that. Meanwhile, I am looking at pulling the whole unit and cloning a bunch of stuff and also finding a way to use that second video input connector so I can use it to control the graphic interface on my Ham Radio Rig.

Dave
Just checking... did you get an SD card or an SDHC card? SDHC is a newer standard for larger cards and many older readers won't read them.

I used both SD (4G) and SDHC (16G microSDHC in SD cardholder) all are class 4 devices. I also used SD down to 16M in size and they all work. The card format was FAT or FAT32 for the 4G and 16G cards. The part I could not get to work was the initialization of the card when it is in the Nissan LEAF navigation B slot. But after getting the data exported, it's not very useful since the file looks like HEX and binary mix. I'll get around to decoding the file structure since I can pick out the GPS stuff.

Nekota said:
DoxyLover said:
CWO4Mann said:

Dave

I used both SD (4G) and SDHC (16G microSDHC in SD cardholder) all are class 4 devices. I also used SD down to 16M in size and they all work. The card format was FAT or FAT32 for the 4G and 16G cards. The part I could not get to work was the initialization of the card when it is in the Nissan LEAF navigation B slot. But after getting the data exported, it's not very useful since the file looks like HEX and binary mix. I'll get around to decoding the file structure since I can pick out the GPS stuff.

Your advice was excellent. I reformatted the SC HC card using my Linux system -- it can format in about 25 or so different ones . Then inserted the car in the "A" slot which the vehicle was turned of. Turned on and waited until everything booted up. Then followed the directions on the screen. You are correct, the data is all in either hex or geek code. Does nothing to alleviate the problem of all the phone numbers lost on my Android POS after the last "helpful" update from Sprint. However, I was able to Bluetooth into the phone from my Linux laptop and recover the trashed file from which I converted to csv and thence to an exportable format which I then imported back on the phone.

Regards,

Dave

There's a thread around here somewhere where a member (EVNation) spent a lot of time trying to decode those files. He got it almost completely decoded.

Found it: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2483" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

davewill said:
There's a thread around here somewhere where a member (EVNation) spent a lot of time trying to decode those files. He got it almost completely decoded.

Found it: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2483" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks very much davewill. That saves a lot of time and I hope to get more information to advance the understanding of the file structure.

Back