Please help - Survey of Oregon and Washington EV Owners

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhmac

Do you drive or own an electric vehicle? If so, we want to hear from you!

We are looking for Electric Vehicles Owners to answer a brief survey (5-10 minutes) to assess how people use their electric vehicle and their perceptions of public charging infrastructure in Oregon and Washington. This survey is part of a statewide effort to learn more about EV users and this information will be extremely valuable as the region moves forward in its planning activities.

Four people, who have completed this survey, will be selected at random to receive a $25 gift card to Starbucks!

Please click on this link to take the survey:
https://portlandstate.qualtrics.com//SE/?SID=SV_3XiWPUkYkIT6TuB

Thank you for participating in the survey and please fill free to forward to other EV users.

John MacArthur
Sustainable Transportation Program Manager
OTREC @ Portland State University
Email: [email protected]

I liked being able to vent about how slow the charging infrastructure is being built.
While taking survey about DCQC it brought up a question that I hope one of you can answer. Should I not DCQC until we get to the bottom of the battery capacity problems. I am hearing people saying that 7 tb is not good for the battery. Here in the PNW in the summer a DCQC is almost always going to go to 7 tb. Correct me if I am wrong.

downeykp said:
I liked being able to vent about how slow the charging infrastructure is being built.
While taking survey about DCQC it brought up a question that I hope one of you can answer. Should I not DCQC until we get to the bottom of the battery capacity problems. I am hearing people saying that 7 tb is not good for the battery. Here in the PNW in the summer a DCQC is almost always going to go to 7 tb. Correct me if I am wrong.

only time i ever saw 7 TBs was when i charged during our 95º day. otherwise, i have charged when it was low 80's many times and never saw more than 6

another thing i dont do is charge the top 3rd of the pack with QC unless i need that much and that would be rare. i had intended on charging to 100% on my Zoo trip but we had driven up there and had 30+% charge left so did not see the need to do it so just went to 85% (on Blink, about 75% on car) and made it just fine

We have decided to leave the survey open for one more weekend. We have already gotten some great results.

We are looking for Electric Vehicles Owners to answer a brief survey (5-10 minutes) to assess how people use their electric vehicle and their perceptions of public charging infrastructure in Oregon and Washington. This survey is part of a statewide effort to learn more about EV users and this information will be extremely valuable as the region moves forward in its planning activities.

Four people, who have completed this survey, will be selected at random to receive a $25 gift card to Starbucks!

Please click on this link to take the survey:
https://portlandstate.qualtrics.com//SE/?SID=SV_3XiWPUkYkIT6TuB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank you for participating in the survey and please fill free to forward to other EV users.

John MacArthur
Sustainable Transportation Program Manager
OTREC @ Portland State University
Email: [email protected]

done...

...from Sacramento CA, where I drove a rented Leaf 600 miles from Portland, 3 weeks ago.

damme, you sure *feel* it when you run off the bottom of the West Coast Electric Highway, leaving Ashland! quite a change from prior around-town commuting experience.

planning to return right after participating in National Plugin Vehicle Day here in Sacto.

have an extra Nissan EVSE modded for 240V with me for the return journey, so hoping to save serious time getting back to the Land of Sensible Amounts of Rain.

Back