My Light for the Charging Port

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I finally decided to install a light in my charge port. It is powered off of the car 12 battery. The white socket at the bottom and the on off switch to the left were bought at NAPA auto parts. You can plug any t-10 led light into that socket. But the little led lights are so bright that they shine in you face. So I bought a flat plate led and velcroed it to the top of the compartment so it shines down. LOTS OF LIGHT NOW! On ebay type in t10 led 12v and you will see all of the bulbs available. I will get a nite picture and add it later. I case you are wondering about the other plug for my battery tender it is posted here..... http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19471" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; on page 2

Or you can just do this... http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2502&hilit=lowe%27s+led" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have a similar motion light. but it shines sideways (better for this application) runs on a single AA gets a couple months.

I never thought of using a lithium! I was thinking of putting a tiny solar panel on it and using a NIMH battery and letting it simply charge itself since it only gets a few minutes of use per day even a tiny solar yard light panel should be able to keep up with charge versus discharge.

I use the AA lithium batteries in our push button door locks for the long service life.

I use rechargeable batteries for lighting. The low demand of LED provides a long period between charges, and they are not being thrown away with life left in them.

I picked up a set of four Duracell AA with charger at Sam's Club for a reasonable price, and four Amazon Basics on a daily deal. My sister now uses them in her LED light she carries while walking the poodles. Our need for Alkaline AA has dropped dramatically.

Back