Location of OBDii Connector on 2016 USA Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wtdedula

Hello all;
Can someone tell me the location of the OBDii connector on a 2016 Leaf "S" trim from the United States?

I have seen numerous pictures of a removable panel being to the left of the steering wheel under those two banks of about 8 buttons. However, unless I'm missing something, I don't find a panel there.

I just got an OBDii readerand want to try Leafspy but can't figure out where to connect it. I have not tried to crawl under the steering colume yet so maybe it's there.

Tim

It's under the left side of the steering wheel. You don't need to crawl underneath. Just reach down and feel around for it. If you have the OBDII reader you should be able to know the plug for it when you feel it. Just make sure to get the wide and narrow sides oriented correctly and then gently slide it around until it goes in. There is no click when inserted but it should hold itself in place with the friction on the pins. Sometimes I have to rock mine back and forth to get it come on (as shown by an LED in the adapter).

Back