JuiceBox anyone?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sorintri

I recently purchased a used JuiceBox Pro with the intention of charging my new Leaf up to 90-95% only. First, I don't know if it's doable with the JB since the charger needs to be so smart to read the SOC from the car. But even before that, the product has virtually no support. I installed the Enel X on my phone and the app can't be used, the buttons fall out of screen. I tried to install the app on a different device, a bigger tablet and my account was locked as a result. I tried to get online to chat with Enel X to unlock it, no response. Opened a support ticket online with Enel, ditto, silence.

Is anyone really using their app for good and receiving any meaningful support? They are still selling the JB on Amazon so one would assume they'd have to have some level of support behind the product, so where is it?

P.S. should mention, using the Android version of their app.

TIA

Are you very new to computers and programmable devices ? Start with the simple and obvious:

Use reasonably new phone -- no older than 4 years from manufacture date
Update Android, and restart phone
Update JB App
Update JB firmware

If you do not know how to do these things, expect to pay ~ $!50/hour for someone to help you

SageBrush said:
Are you very new to computers and programmable devices ? Start with the simple and obvious:

Use reasonably new phone -- no older than 4 years from manufacture date
Update Android, and restart phone
Update JB App
Update JB firmware

If you do not know how to do these things, expect to pay ~ $!50/hour for someone to help you

I'm good with computers but my phone is several years old, back to Android 8. I'm content with my current one for everything else. I didn't think I need to buy a new phone just to use the JB app.
So assuming I get the app working properly, is the JB charger able to set properly the upper charging limit on the Leaf? So at least I'd know if I should try to get it working, otherwise there's no reason.

But the bigger question I guess remains: one could expect absolutely no support from the manufacturer? If so how do they remain in business?

P.S. Since they have my account locked remotely on their server I guess I could expect a minimal level of support on their end to be able to unlock it for me, no? Not asking for anything beyond that at this point. Yes I know I should use a different email create a different account and so on but that still does not address the glaring lack of support

Hi, a bit more background on this. Enel changed their app in Jan/Feb of this year and rolled out a replacement app, that is absolutely terrible in comparison to what was in place previously. My primary issue is that I've lost the ability to reliability increase my charge percentage to something less than 100% without checking every couple of hours. If I set the % increase, it invariably is either too low or too much (100%). I've written to them, with no response. I don't think that this is user error just a bad app - I've seen several posts elsewhere reflecting bad user experiences with the new app.

Back