How do you help spread the word about EV's ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UBUYGAS

Hello All,

Do you just drive from point A to point B and not care if anybody knows you're driving an #ElectricCAR ?

Or do you try to advertise to the people around you that you are Driving an #ElectricVehicle?

I try to spread the word by converting my #NissanLEAF's trunk lid into a billboard and forcing the person behind me to learn a little about #ElectricCARs

I get dumbfounded stares. Some are pretty funny. They are reading along and then almost every single one picks up their phone and types in my website.

When it's a couple you can see that one is reading it and then they turn to the other and talk about it.

I only get maybe 5% that smirk it off and laugh and point. Most look like they seen something they never seen. Like their seeing a miracle! Haha.

Do you sport a #VanityPlate or #evBumperStickers ?

Sal
Aka Lasareath & #UBUYGAS
www.UBUYGAS.com

ubuygas_magnets.jpg

In my neck of the woods I find it most appropriate to simply be willing to answer the (very) occasional questions I get about the car. I probably instill more curiosity about the car, though, by beating stoplight Boy Racers, in sports cars and V-8 SUVs, to 30MPH.

Yeah. That Zero to 35 is so much fun in an Electric Car!! :)

LeftieBiker said:
In my neck of the woods I find it most appropriate to simply be willing to answer the (very) occasional questions I get about the car. I probably instill more curiosity about the car, though, by beating stoplight Boy Racers, in sports cars and V-8 SUVs, to 30MPH.

I agree that most people have no idea that there are EV cars on the roads with them. I bought mine to stop buying Middle East Oil, and get the ball rolling on education of people about "Peak Oil". At this point in time, especially with the so called "cheap" "glut" of oil, most people HAVE NO IDEA of why EVs need to replace ICEs.

Since I got my Leaf over a year ago, only one person ever asked me about the car. That person was driving a plug-in Prius! This seems to be a situation similar to Noah and the Ark at this point. Since so many people are so Ignorant about EVs, I just fee FANTASTIC that I have one, and save so much money not buying gas and repairs. I look at it - No one on the road can match that my weekly transportation costs (300+ miles) are ZERO - due to me using a free chargepoint station right by my job.

I do get the very occasional question about it but typically only when gas prices are high which they haven't been (even in heavily taxed Chicago) in awhile. Also, much more so when the weather is nice enough to roll down your windows, etc. as when we're at a light and the car is making absolutely no noise someone will ask what it 'runs' on. I do carry around an info sheet that features this forum for those who ask for more info and try to make it to EV events and/or 'Green' events (one was held in Elgin, IL about the first year I owned the LEAF and the local Nissan dealer also brought a few LEAF's for test drives) --- next week will mark 4 years with my '12 SL (going in for the annual traction battery check); hard to believe that much time has passed ... of course it doesn't help that both programs that IL ran (EV and EVSE rebates) are suspended and unfunded but at least some of the EV's have also come down in price over the last 4 years.

This morning while leaving Perkins Family Restaurant a couple was admiring the LEAF as I was leaving and so I backed up very slowly so they can read my license plate and the husband was taking photos.

I pulled besides him and opened my window and gave him a couple of my Magnet Business Cards.

He started asking questions but I was rushing and I told him everything is on the website.

They were driving a new Chevy Impala

He did ask about which EVSE I had at home and how many miles the car was rated for.

The wife asked how's the leg room and I said I'm 6'-5" and 380LBS and I fit.

He looked very excited and he said the car was Awesome!

UBUYGAS_Business_Card.jpg

powersurge said:
I agree that most people have no idea that there are EV cars on the roads with them. I bought mine to stop buying Middle East Oil, and get the ball rolling on education of people about "Peak Oil". At this point in time, especially with the so called "cheap" "glut" of oil, most people HAVE NO IDEA of why EVs need to replace ICEs.

Since I got my Leaf over a year ago, only one person ever asked me about the car. That person was driving a plug-in Prius! This seems to be a situation similar to Noah and the Ark at this point. Since so many people are so Ignorant about EVs, I just fee FANTASTIC that I have one, and save so much money not buying gas and repairs. I look at it - No one on the road can match that my weekly transportation costs (300+ miles) are ZERO - due to me using a free chargepoint station right by my job.

Ever since high school (late 80's) I had a problem with buying arab-gas... I got my leaf 2 months ago, gas in hawaii is expensive, and we have a bad ethanol problem here...if you drive a motorcycle. expect to fix your needles twice a year. plus I had a jeep forever, and got tired of wrenching it more than just to drive. they are growing in the islands to the point where public chargers are always used, but still get the how is it...is it worth it.

Thanks for your Post!

Have you seen this Video:

https://vimeo.com/90475152

I just drove down my street and there were two young boys. Maybe 8 years old each playing with their new bow and arrows!

One of them turned and followed my car and I could read his lips

He said "WHOA That's an Electric Car!!!"

Now that's Super Cool!!

grandizer52 said:

Ever since high school (late 80's) I had a problem with buying arab-gas... I got my leaf 2 months ago, gas in hawaii is expensive, and we have a bad ethanol problem here...if you drive a motorcycle. expect to fix your needles twice a year. plus I had a jeep forever, and got tired of wrenching it more than just to drive. they are growing in the islands to the point where public chargers are always used, but still get the how is it...is it worth it.[/quote]

I bought a sticker from you 'Starve a Terrorist, drive an electric car' and I bought the silver tag off ebay that says 'Electric' and I placed it over my Leaf tag on my trunk so people can see it !

Our Leaf came with the "100% Electric" chrome emblem on the liftgate. I removed all the "zero emissions " emblems as I think they are inherently dishonest and just piss people off.

I've purchased your plug smileys, but it has been too cold to apply them!

Neighbors have shown some interest, but co-workers seem most intrigued ; they seem to be waiting for some imminent disaster to befall us or the car. Some are asking real questions.

Lasareath said:
This morning while leaving Perkins Family Restaurant a couple was admiring the LEAF as I was leaving and so I backed up very slowly so they can read my license plate and the husband was taking photos.

I pulled besides him and opened my window and gave him a couple of my Magnet Business Cards.

He started asking questions but I was rushing and I told him everything is on the website.

They were driving a new Chevy Impala

He did ask about which EVSE I had at home and how many miles the car was rated for.

The wife asked how's the leg room and I said I'm 6'-5" and 380LBS and I fit.

He looked very excited and he said the car was Awesome!

I love that pic...you should start a thread with EV's parked at abandoned gas stations.
there's a bunch from the 40's out here that faded off in the 70's and 80's

Lasareath said:
Thanks for your Post!

Have you seen this Video:

https://vimeo.com/90475152

I just drove down my street and there were two young boys. Maybe 8 years old each playing with their new bow and arrows!

One of them turned and followed my car and I could read his lips

He said "WHOA That's an Electric Car!!!"

Now that's Super Cool!!

grandizer52 said:

Ever since high school (late 80's) I had a problem with buying arab-gas... I got my leaf 2 months ago, gas in hawaii is expensive, and we have a bad ethanol problem here...if you drive a motorcycle. expect to fix your needles twice a year. plus I had a jeep forever, and got tired of wrenching it more than just to drive. they are growing in the islands to the point where public chargers are always used, but still get the how is it...is it worth it.
[/quote]

Just noticed the vid sorry for the late reply...so the leaf is very popular out here. for me, there's a lot of locations that cause of elevation...how much regen can I get on the way down....also some leaf owners on Big Island say the ride over Saddle Hill road is range exciting....
I'd be plugging into a lot of 110 sockets

Thank you!

Sondy132001 said:
I bought a sticker from you 'Starve a Terrorist, drive an electric car' and I bought the silver tag off ebay that says 'Electric' and I placed it over my Leaf tag on my trunk so people can see it !

Very Nice!!

Here's my latest magnets. I also have another one for the right for after January 1st that doesn't say almost :mrgreen:

leaf_ass.jpg
https://www.instagram.com/p/BLlBuqfgNUE/?taken-by=ubuygas

Beardedjeff said:
This is what I do here in WI where I've never seen another Leaf

Back