Hi everyone!! New (to me) 2012 SV Leaf owner!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonA

I've been looking for a Leaf now for the past month (especially after watching Chasing Ice) and Miller Nissan called me on Saturday to let me know they got a dealer demo from Irvine with 1200 miles on it..

My wife and I went then, drove it, loved it.. negotiated price (org asking $24,800) and walked out total $23,110 (taxes :roll: and DMV, etc,etc)

anyways.. I've already put almost 500+ miles on him (his name is Astro) cause everyone I give rides in says he sounds like the Jetson's car... so it sounded appropriate.. I'm trying to get the LADWP to help out or start working to get a L2 setup going but I plan on the EVupgrade to the stock charger..

I haven't seen but 1 other Leaf here in Sylmar/Pacomia/Burbank area but there are TONS of free charging stations around!! :cool:

Got lunch and parked for a bit.. took some pics of my first L2 charge!!

If there are other Leaf owners nearby, I'd love to meetup with all you!

Jason

4c6190d487cf04483e19357154a0b0e5.jpg

232768e7385468d0c88ba88d749b85ce.jpg

I've had a few people already ask me about it, various questions, etc.. I does grab attention!!

Unlike a PriASS :lol:

You say this is "new to you" but was the car sold as New or Used? Dealer demos that have never been registered can be sold as new up to a certain mileage limit (I bought a dealer-demo Maxima with 6,950 miles that way).

If new, you qualify for both the Federal tax credit of the lesser of $7500 or your actual tax liability for this year, plus a $2500 rebate from the state.

I don't get out to Sylmar very often (and don't know anybody there, it's usually to go to Santa Clarita) but I do frequent Burbank.

I grew up in Burbank, went to Burroughs, etc.. but now I'm married and live on this side of the valley. I was at Costco and saw a red Leaf at the Pacoima Costco. So I'm not alone over here!! :D

Anyways, I'm assuming that the vehicle was sold used.. it was not "new" with 1200+ miles. How would I go about doing this? Contact Miller Nissan and ask them?

I would think that the dealer got all the incentives and rebates first?

What trim is it? And what packages come with it?

My guess is that it is an SV w/ at least the premium package and possibly Quick Charge. So even without the fed and ca incentives, it is a good deal.

JasonA said:
I grew up in Burbank, went to Burroughs, etc.. but now I'm married and live on this side of the valley. I was at Costco and saw a red Leaf at the Pacoima Costco. So I'm not alone over here!! :D

Anyways, I'm assuming that the vehicle was sold used.. it was not "new" with 1200+ miles. How would I go about doing this? Contact Miller Nissan and ask them?

I would think that the dealer got all the incentives and rebates first?

I've shopped at the Pacoima Costco, but not since my father moved out of the valley. The only time I stop there now is to get gas for the few times I am using my ICEV ;)

Check your paperwork to see how the car was sold. IIRC the temp reg in the windshield will say new or used on it.

I bought a "new" '98 Maxima with 6,950 miles. It was the parts manager's car (found out when he told me a few months later whenI had it serviced). The reason it could still be sold new is because it was never registered; the parts manager drove it around with "DLR" (dealer) plates. At the time, 7,000 miles is the limit before the car would have to be sold as used, I don't know if that limit is still the same.

johnqh said:
What trim is it? And what packages come with it?

My guess is that it is an SV w/ at least the premium package and possibly Quick Charge. So even without the fed and ca incentives, it is a good deal.

There were no option packages with the 2012 models. The only additional equipment that would end up on the Monroney sticker are port installed accessories, which can also be purchased separately at the dealer. For example, my SV came with the factory carpeted mats and holographic kick plates installed at the port.

QC was not available at all on the 2012 SV. You had to step up to the SL for that, where it was standard. The 2012 SL also included a backup camera, auto on-off headlights, and fog lights which were also unavailable on the SV. The only thing the SL got which you could get separately for the SV was the cargo cover.

I just checked the paperwork... car was sold used.. It's an 2012 SV and had 1243 reg miles when I took delivery last Sat.

So there's prob nothing I can do??

JasonA said:
I just checked the paperwork... car was sold used.. It's an 2012 SV and had 1243 reg miles when I took delivery last Sat.

If the car was sold to you as used, no you can't change that. Do you remember signing any paperwork acknowledging the car was a prior dealer demonstrator? I had to do that with the '98 Maxima.

If not, it probably was not a dealer demo, but possibly a repossession.

JasonA said:
I just checked the paperwork... car was sold used.. It's an 2012 SV
Sorry, probably not.
But $23,110 (taxes and DMV, etc,etc) for a USED 2012 SV where you get no rebates seems really high, way beyond market range. At least $2500 to $5000 high, depending on location in US.
Maybe only $2500 high in CA, probably $5000 or more high in East Tennessee. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Forget about the title, the car is near new condition. 21K. (Before tax etc) is a fair price, and OP doesn't need to deal with the incentives and doesn't need to pay tax over the incentives. So I say it is not bad.

Enjoy the car!

Out here in CA it's a bit different. I've seen the whole gamut of vehicles ranging from 2012's with 5 owners already for $20k to 2011's with 18k miles for $24k and salvaged title units for $16k :lol: Craigslist will show you that!

To find one with this low of miles and never a "owner" I felt was within the going price here and it's def within TrueCar and KBB specs..

If you look at TrueCar... they are showing "Good Price & GREAT PRICE" in between $18-mid $21,000's...

But with TONS OF MILLAGE :lol:
Mileage:28,222

Mileage:14,891

Here's a 2012!! (not the color I wanted.. and it has 4.8x the miles as mine does and who knows what the owner did (I already pulled the car fax on it since I was possibly interested)
Mileage:5,555

I think "Astro" was a pretty good deal out here.. considering the mileage and all the dealer insides were still covering all the seats, etc..

We're happy... and I like racing snobby kids in PriASS'es at lights now! :lol:

For some reason they feel threaten or something?? :roll:

TimLee said:
JasonA said:
I just checked the paperwork... car was sold used.. It's an 2012 SV
Sorry, probably not.
But $23,110 (taxes and DMV, etc,etc) for a USED 2012 SV where you get no rebates seems really high, way beyond market range. At least $2500 to $5000 high, depending on location in US.
Maybe only $2500 high in CA, probably $5000 or more high in East Tennessee. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ahh, I think you did alright. When you get a 13, yes you do get rebates, but most people don't want to finance the whole enchilada & wait for the rebates next year. Mine is a southern california car. Mine had a little over 5k miles. I got it for wholesale auction, but I was fairly lucky I got the deal I did. That's not counting the $400 bux to ship it (which was a bargain!) I bought my Leaf sight unseen. I was willing to take the risk for the savings, but most people aren't as daring. :lol: The majority of 11's are priced in the $20s. with 3 to 5 k miles. 12's a bit more. I wish mine only had 1200 miles when I got it. As much as I despise most dealerships. I'd say you did ok. Enjoy every gasless mile with your new toy.

Hey all,

New owner of a pre-owned 2012 SL with 7,700 miles. I got mine for $19,700 plus tax and license. Shelled out the extra $40/month for the extended warranty too,
which I'm sure I won't need, but it's nice to have the additional piece of mind.

I think I got a killer deal on it. What do you think?

This is our first EV, and can't be any happier!

milesmutt said:
Hey all,

New owner of a pre-owned 2012 SL with 7,700 miles. I got mine for $19,700 plus tax and license. Shelled out the extra $40/month for the extended warranty too,
which I'm sure I won't need, but it's nice to have the additional piece of mind.

If you're happy, we're happy !!! Welcome to the EV world.

TonyWilliams said:
milesmutt said:
Hey all,

If you're happy, we're happy !!! Welcome to the EV world.

You did fine! You will never miss oil changes and filling up. Our fuel bill went from $400+ to $50 a month. I have no regret and neither will you..

No matter what you paid, the car will heavily subsidize itself.

Back