Gear selector stiff

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGrumps

Hi All,
My 2006 Leaf has recently developed a sticky gear selector. It still works, but it won't return to its central position on its own.
Are there any illustrated removal instructions around?
I've seen a Youtube video on cleaning it, but that made no difference.
Ta.

Hi All,
My 2006 Leaf has recently developed a sticky gear selector. It still works, but it won't return to its central position on its own.
Are there any illustrated removal instructions around?
I've seen a Youtube video on cleaning it, but that made no difference.
Ta.
He, he, sounds like someone "inadvertently" attempted to lubricate the shifter with something like soda pop or a milkshake. I've done this as well,..........sadly.

I'm not aware of specific removal instructions but its not too hard to do. You will need to remove the cover between the seats first. The selector bolts down to mthe chassis and only has one wiring connector.

There is a circuit board inside that you definetly don't want to get water etc into for long. Dismantling is moderately tricky but its all plastic and screws. There are two springs inside that you have to be careful not to dislodge.
I'd just clean all the plastic parts with soapy water. The circuit board should be cleaned carefully with isoproply.

Alternately buy a replacement from a wrecker.

Back