floor mats

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered my car without floor mats but now want them as i am always stepping on the floor hooks and the loose mats I put in are always moving around and have to be adjusted. Any suggestions for inexpensive option for drivers side?

There is a set on eBay for $75 including shipping...that is a pretty good deal. Search OEM LEAF mats. The seller is retepcg.

I do suggest you get a set. In addition to the issue you have with the hooks, the carpeting pills very badly when you have continuous direct contact with it.

Went with LEAF rubber mats and glad I did. Muddy hikes and sand at the beach and passenger liquid malfunction. Not as plush as carpet but still look pretty good after some usage.

I had an interesting experience yesterday evening. I was starting off from a red light on the main avenue in town - a four lane road with the right lanes used more for turning by most people. A big pickup truck was alongside me, and as we started off he floored it, apparently planning to get in front of me, and then cut over. I have no idea if it was because I was driving a Leaf or because he was just an idiot, but since I'm not one to refuse even an idiotic challenge, I floored the Leaf and easily stayed ahead to 33 or so MPH, when I took my foot off the throttle.

The car kept accelerating at full power (a rare time I wasn't in Eco mode, not that it mattered much) because the accelerator pedal was stuck on the floor.

I didn't actually panic, because unlike 98% of the driving public I understand what 'drive by wire' means. I pressed the brake, killing the acceleration, but whenever I released it, the car still lurched back into full acceleration. After several tries I was able to get the pedal to return upwards, and, amazingly, the police didn't happen to be around to witness my ill-fated drag-race. I reached roughly 43MPH in a 30MPH urban area.

When I parked the car I immediately looked at the floor mat. It isn't the OEM mat, but the Weather Tech universal winter mat; I had left them all on for Summer because they seem much more robust than the flimsy OEM mats. Unfortunately, when I installed them I decided not to remove the section below the accelerator pedal, because there was just so darned much room in under there. Right...

Learn from my example, folks: if you use an aftermarket mat, leave that pedal with NO floor mat under it!

Back