First Roadtrip... 112 Miles each way was a success!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LEAFfan said:
Yep, it has to be at least 2000ft. above sea level to be a mountain.
Is that a real designation for "mountain"? Just curious.

I'm sympathetic to dhanson865's report of the dangerous stretch of highway. They get a lot of ice and wet snow in Tennessee and surrounding states. Combine that with a steep grade and you've got a problem! Around here ice is less common and the roads are plowed and sanded quickly. "Ice storms", like one sees in the East, are very rare here in the Mountain West.

dgpcolorado said:
LEAFfan said:
Yep, it has to be at least 2000ft. above sea level to be a mountain.
Is that a real designation for "mountain"? Just curious.

I'm sympathetic to dhanson865's report of the dangerous stretch of highway. They get a lot of ice and wet snow in Tennessee and surrounding states. Combine that with a steep grade and you've got a problem! Around here ice is less common and the roads are plowed and sanded quickly. "Ice storms", like one sees in the East, are very rare here in the Mountain West.

i agree. MUCH easier to drive in 6 inches of snow in Michigan than the roads of Western Washington where black ice is very common. right now its raining AND about 30º... not a good thing

Back