EV Sim II for sale is sold

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlennD

I have a Nick Sayer designed EV simulator for sale. It has 2 modes. Without power it is a passive simulator. If you supply 9-12V it comes to life. It checks an EVSE for current, frequency and max current. This is all displayed on a blue 2X16 LCD display driven by an Adafruit I2C backpack.

This checks for the diode check, EV ready, EV charging, and vent required.

Nick sells the kit for $20. The Backpack is $10 and the display is around $10 plus shipping on the items. I am just trying to use up parts on hand.

I am selling this for $30 plus $6 for shipping. Local pickup in Anaheim is available. Payment is by Paypal if shipped or cash for local pickup. Sold ASIS but I guaranty it will work upon receipt.

I just received a 12V wall wort that I can include for an additional $5. It is shown connected to my yellow display main unit.

This is very useful for testing your EVSE or a commercial EVSE. It will tell you the maximum current available and it will verify that the unit meets the defined standard. It checks that the diode is present, emulates connected, charging, and vent required. It uses a 4 position dip switch to select modes. The mode check does not require power. It only requires power for the display.

Many devices fail the diode check.

Back