Charging system messed up after failed charging at public station

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Canadian law sucks (pun intended) with respect to consumer protections for Lemons:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/lemon-laws-7-questions-about-a-consumer-protection-law-canada-doesn-t-have-1.2951106

thanks for the replies! i've been troubleshooting over the holidays and have managed to identify consistent behaviour when the charging fails, and am able to clear the fault and drive off as if nothing has happened. at the same time i really want to get it fixed as we otherwise really love the car!

with regards to consumer protection, we do have some other laws in the province of quebec (the legal warranty) which could probably be applied at a later stage, but considering this is just the first repair, i'm willing to let them try solve the issue.

*edit* deleted redundant parts mentioned in first post regarding car's history :)

at this point, the worst case is we walk away from the car in april, and maybe get kia soul, ioniq, or something similar depending on how much we want to pay for a 1st gen EV. (nothing new coming out in the near horizon interests us at this point... still waiting for a Rav4/CRV sized EV with 300+km of range. my guess is another 5 years or so.)

Back