Carwings notifications

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thimel

I've been using the Carwings notifications to send me an email when I park the car at home and don't plug it in. It works as it is supposed to, but doesn't do what I really want.

I have the charging on a timer to charge between 9:00 PM and 7:00 AM when my time of use rates are lowest. So if I come home and know I will be going out again I don't bother to plug in the car. I then get an undesired email telling me I didn't plug it in.

Ideally I'd only like to get an email (actually I would change it to a text message) if at 9:00 PM my car is home and not plugged in or it arrives home between 9:00 PM and 7:00 AM and does not get plugged in.

I considered writing a script to process my emails and/or analyze my carwings web page, but realize there is not enough information available to do this, as there is no indication available of whether my car is at home (as there is no email when it leaves home). I suppose I could set up an RSS feed and then the car will tell the web server its location and I could combine that with the Carwings data to do the job, but that is getting complicated.

Would anyone else find such a feature desirable or have a better idea about how to implement it?

I want more or less the same thing. I also want a reminder if by 11:00 pm the car is not plugged, don't bother me if the car is home but not plugged in during other times. I've set the delay to 1 hour which I think was the maximum amount.

A cron job firing the at the appointed point, refreshing the Carwings status, then parsing the results should come close. I don't really care about location, knowing that is is plugged in by a certain time would suffice.

This would be slightly less annoying if opening the charge port door was easily done from *outside* the car. Then we might be more willing to plug it in every time it is parked in the garage.

arnold

I would like the same feature - many times especially on weekends when I'm running various errands I stop at home for a while before heading back out without charging up...

I still don't receive any email or text message after the car is done charging to 80%. I turned the notices on in the car and on CarWings, but have yet to get any messages. The Blink doesn't send any either when it stops at 80%.

arnolddeleon said:
This would be slightly less annoying if opening the charge port door was easily done from *outside* the car. Then we might be more willing to plug it in every time it is parked in the garage.

It is easy to rig up a way to open the charge port door from outside the car. See this thread:http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3930.

I've done this to my LEAF. It was easy and works well.

Back