Battery Leaf 40Kwh from 3/2022

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cnad73

Hello Leaf experts

Salute from Carlos - Portugal.
I wonder if the battery of my 2 years Leaf 40Kwh is in good shape or not, with the Soh 91.5 and HX 102?

I usually drive in mountain road, 80 Km a day, in eco and B mode. I don't charge in QC most of the time because I've a wallbox that allows me to charge at 3Kwh and I never charge more than 80%.

What's your opinion of all this? Do I have a battery to do how many km more in your opinion, based on its degradation?
Is my drive good or should I change Eco and B mode? Should I charge the battery differently?

Thanks 🙏

IMG_20240201_143505.jpgIMG_20240201_143426.jpgIMG_20240201_143342.jpghello

That battery pack looks to be in great shape.
Driving in ECO/whatever has nothing to do with maintaining your battery pack; it's a personal preference of driving habit (I almost always drive in D).

Looks pretty good to me as well. I'd recommend charging the battery to 100% once in a while to allow the cells to balance. Maybe 2-4 times a year would probably be enough, just leave the car plugged in with battery full for a couple of hours.

Driving in ECO/whatever has nothing to do with maintaining your battery pack; it's a personal preference of driving habit (I almost always drive in D).
And use B in mountain drive will hurt especially in descent regeneration?

And use B in mountain drive will hurt especially in descent regeneration
@cnad73 you mean "help" not hurt?
I mean hurt or, in other words, help the degradation as the deep regeneration in descent is somehow bad for battery pack

No, regeneration doesn't hurt your battery. Looking at the SOH of your battery, just continue to do what you've been doing, it's working!

Back