Battery best practices interesting research

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcflocki

There is a short and long version of this in video’s that explains best practice and why. I’ll include a link to both for those interested in either. Going off the information in these videos and my use case I came up with what works best for me while extending the battery life. What works best for you may be a different story. The video explains that higher SOC is not a problem in the winter but is more of a problem in the summer. I also don’t like the idea of driving around in winter with low SOC. Most people usually report problems with the battery under 50% SOC in the winter under heavy load. I have a plus model and I only over 60 miles two days a week usually it is closer to 30. I drive 6-7 days a week. I have a use case that allows a me to use 30% of the battery and if I charge in the middle a little maybe keep the car in a 25% of the battery being used on any given day or less. I will target 50-75% SOC in the winter and 25-50% SOC in the summer. This is to avoid the two main sources of degradation as much as possible. If you can’t do this that’s ok, do what works best for you. Charging every day if possible to use the smallest SOC % possible and keeping lower SOC in the summer when more power is accessible but higher SOC is more harmful. What are your thoughts?

I watch those two recently as well, nice to have all the research information compressed down to the important parts.

Back