Around View Monitor / Backup Camera Not Working in 2013 Leaf SL

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaytoo

Purchased a used 2013 Nissan Leaf. Pretty sure it is an SL since it had Bose sub/amp in the trunk, solar panel on the spoiler, 4 cameras (front, back, and under the side-view mirrors), and a camera button under display in the dash.

The camera doesn't turn on when I go in reverse. The camera option isn't listed in either the settings menu or the diagnostic menu.

I have scoured these forums and the Internet and haven't found anything that works. I gave up and decided to just post after hours of research. Pherpahs my GoogleFu is failing me.

Things I have tried:
- Read the owner's manual and the nav system owners manual
- Pulled the tailgate panel off and physically checked the connections coming from the camera
- Searched the settings menu and diagnostic menu for camera settings
- Checked 10a fuse in slot f15 (my car is in USA and does not have the Canadian daytime running lights modification & backup lights come on in reverse).
- Searched mynissanleaf forums, reddit, and other Internet searches
- Called the local Nissan Service Department ($90 for a diagnostic, probably worth the $ with as much time as I have spent)

Things I have not tried:
- checked the wires beyond the tailgate.
- figured out how to check the connection going into the nav system
- taken it to a professional

Back