Any Chademo adaptor plug for SAE Combo plug charger?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pchilds said:
Ingineer said:
You'd pay $8k for a 10kW CHAdeMO? If you wait a little while longer, (indeterminate) you'll be able to (supposedly) buy Nissan's $10k unit which is a full 25kW.

-Phil

A portable unit that will connect to a 50 amp RV outlet, yes. Doesn't the Nissan unit require 3 phase power?

3 phase / 480 volts.

Or buy a Tesla (or Rav4) today with an onboard 10kW installed that will happily plug into any 50 amp RV park circuit from 200-277 volts.

The Rav4 is currently in the low $30k area after all the discounts (and 0% is thrown in, too), therefore with the $8,000 that you would pay for that charging speed, I believe we are in LEAF pricing territory.

pchilds said:
A portable unit that will connect to a 50 amp RV outlet, yes. Doesn't the Nissan unit require 3 phase power?
Yes, Nissan's unit (Sumitomo) does require 3-Phase 480v. It could likely be hacked to run at reduced output on single phase, but would still need 480v, which would mean a heavy step-up transformer. Hardly "portable"! :shock:

If there is still interest after LEAFSCAN™, I'll get on it.

-Phil

Ingineer said:
pchilds said:
Yes, Nissan's unit (Sumitomo) does require 3-Phase 480v. It could likely be hacked to run at reduced output on single phase, but would still need 480v, which would mean a heavy step-up transformer. Hardly "portable"! :shock:

-Phil
Phil, please don't put an $8,000 portable CHAdeMO unit ahead of your 6.6 Kwh on board charger upgrade!!

Please, please, please, oh please!

Luft said:
Ingineer said:
pchilds said:

-Phil
Phil, please don't put an $8,000 portable CHAdeMO unit ahead of your 6.6 Kwh on board charger upgrade!!

Please, please, please, oh please!

I would be happy with a LeafScan.

Back