2019 LEAF - Charge connector lock setting

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redmelons

My 2019 N-Connecta always locks the charge connector so that I have to press the unlock button to remove the charging cable. My 2015 LEAF had a setting so that I could set the lock to AUTOMATIC, ON, or OFF.

According to this Nissan video there is a setting on the Gen 2 LEAF under EV settings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkGVeJH_hQg

cxws6pe4

However, my LEAF doesn't have that option. Is it somewhere else please?

Since you're outside the US, it's possible they didn't include in such vehicles.

I'm guessing your 2015 had a J1772 inlet while your '19 has a (Mennekes) Type 2 inlet instead. Am I right? (We don't have Mennekes Type 2 in the US.)

I contacted the Nissan dealer I bought the car from and they have confirmed that on the later UK LEAFs there is no setting for the charge connector lock, so the charge cable is always locked until the key fob button or in-car charge flap release button is pressed.

I don't know why this has been changed in the UK, it just seems inconsiderate to leave the connector locked when charging is finished.

Back