2015 SV screen stuck

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nateads

Hopefully someone knows a work around.

I have a 2015 SV and the 'Open/Tilt' button doesn't do anything. Is there a way to open the screen within the menus or some work around to bypass the physical button to open the screen?

A bit more info if it helps, when pressing the open button there is no sound either so I'm assuming the button or the wires to the button have a break somewhere.

nateads said:
Hopefully someone knows a work around.

I have a 2015 SV and the 'Open/Tilt' button doesn't do anything. Is there a way to open the screen within the menus or some work around to bypass the physical button to open the screen?

A bit more info if it helps, when pressing the open button there is no sound either so I'm assuming the button or the wires to the button have a break somewhere.

That button is the only way to open it. You can try holding it down for 3 seconds to see if it makes it move the display up a little. If that works, you can reset back down to the initial position at least. If that doesn't work, then yeah, sounds like the button is broke.

If you've used any type of liquid cleaner (windex, etc) in the interior recently, the problem might resolve itself. There've been multiple cases where liquid got down into the unit and interfered with the function but eventually returned to normal after things dried out.

Yeah unfortunately I tried holding it for as long as 60 seconds with no response. The car was purchased pre-owned 2 years ago with the problem. I never gave it any thought as the price for the car was good and I didn't see a need to open the head unit.

I guess I will just ignore it. Not sure it's worth any headaches to open it.

Someone should have mentioned this back when you first posted, but I know I've seen a "fix" for this on the forum (involves some minor disassembly). Do a search on this forum for "screen" or some such and you should be rewarded.

Stanton said:
Do a search on this forum for "screen" or some such and you should be rewarded.
Yup because I want to search through over 900 pages of results when I type in screen.

I will leave it as is I don't think I'm missing much.

Back