$12k to replace 24kwh battery?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't type well, sorry. The price on the receipt was actually $4676.76! I have the paperwork from Nissan that is the 8 year/1000 mile warranty from Nissan corporate. I know this price would not now be available, but the important piece that many may not know is that all the dealerships are independently owned and operated, and they can set their own prices. It was worth it to me to ask for a written quote from this specific dealership at the time, but I wouldn't want this place to be flooded with calls now looking for the same deal.

I don't think Nissan makes the 24 kWh battery any longer. I shall watch for pricing for the 40 kWh battery from Nissan and the resurrection of Fenix Power. I still have 10 bars showing on my 24, and normal degradation has slowed to a crawl which is to be expected when you adhere to the 20-80% rule as I do. The latest estimate I got from my Leaf Tech for the upgrade to the 40 was about 11K. I'm not going to bite yet for the additional range which I really don't need; but if I did, I'd see myself as having a new car that I love for 11K. Other than the battery issue, nothing breaks in these cars if they're well cared for with rare exception.

Back